Earwigs and Their Pest Control and Extermination
Regardless of the name Earwigs have nothing to do with ears of any creature.
However, Earwigs are known to be in and around damp and moist areas of our properties. Earwigs are also nocturnal, and like to be in shady and moisture rich cracks during the daylight hours.
Earwigs are mot easily distinguished from other moisture loving insects because of their iconic pincers or forceps at the rear end of their bodies. The male Earwig has the curved pincers or forceps whereas the female has the straight ones.
Mostly Earwigs would remain to be a pest of dampness and feed on organic debris from our backyard gardens, but they can become attracted to our pantry foods as well. So it’s best to keep them in their place that is outside of our homes.
Earwigs Extermination Technique and its Advantages:
We utilize the most effective insecticide Spray and Fog agents available from the leading pesticides manufactures. These pesticide are highly effective and contain most powerful active ingredients. We employ the Spray and Fog technique to Control, and Exterminate the Earwigs infestations. Some of the Characteristics of the Spray and Fog technique are:
- When there is no Bait available for a given Pest, Targeted or Broadcast application of Control Agents in selected areas of the structure is the next best option. In cases of high infestations, spraying upon the pests produces a quick reduction in their numbers.
- Areas that are targeted are the nesting and foraging activities areas of the Pest.
- Earwigs are affected by the insecticide active agent when they come into contact with the treated surfaces.
- Earwigs would be exterminated by getting the Active Ingredient into it's biological system via contact. An affected pest may also prove to be a source of secondary poisoning for other members.
- The Insecticide Spray method results in gradual, almost fool-proof and guaranteed removal of these pests.
Client's Preparations for Insecticides Application:
- Client is required to prepare areas to be treated with insecticide spray application.
- Client is required to leave the property during the application and stay out for further 2 hours after the application.
Our exterminators will inspect the structure for points of vulnerabilities that may facilitate future infestations or conditions that may be helping the Earwigs to flourish. It will be up to the property owner to act on the recommendations.
Specific Notes on Spray or Fog Application:
Spray may be Water-Based or of the Emulsion type. Even though it would not stain or damage surfaces, it may be noticeable as a thin film of light color. The film may also have oily characteristics. If it is found on any surfaces that are used by people or pets, then it should be cleaned away at the earliest. For further information, please, see our Pesticides and the MSDS page.
Expected Results and Outcome of the Treatment:
In about 3-5 weeks, all Earwigs would have been eliminated having directly or indirectly been exposed to the insecticide sprayed. Gradually Earwigs would simply cease to exist. It remains possible that some Earwigs may expire near human living spaces.
At Vaughan Pest Control Services .ca, we have the highest success rate of complete elimination of Earwigs with one treatment alone.
Prior to carrying out treatment for Earwigs, we will do an inspection or survey of the property to determine the extent and scope of the infestation. In doing so, we will also obtain information from people present on site.