Centipedes have a very distinguished long antennae, a segmented body, many apirs of legs. Mostly there are 15 segments with a pair of legs on each.
Centipede head is somewaht flat and covered with anoval shield. Most prominent pair of antennae is mounted on its head. These antennae provide the primary senses of smell and awareness to centipedes.
Forcipules are the front most legs evolved into a claw like mechanism that is used for capturing and killing a prey and injecting poision.
When a centipede bites in defense it can inject this venom into a human skin and can cause inflammation.
- Centipedes have claws and fangs called focipules under their head.
- Centipedes like other eyed insects travel ahead of their head.
- Centipedes have one set of legs per segment of their body.
- There is an Antennae at the front or head of the body.
- Centipedes have simple set of eyes
We utilize insecticide Spray to exterminate these pests. Client would need to further stay out of the property for about 3 hours after the application.
Centipedes Extermination Technique and its Advantages:
We utilize the most effective insecticide Spray and Fog agents available from the leading pesticides manufactures. These pesticide are highly effective and contain most powerful active ingredients. We employ the Spray and Fog technique to Control, and Exterminate the Centipedes infestations. Some of the Characteristics of the Spray and Fog technique are:
- When there is no Bait available for a given Pest, Targeted or Broadcast application of Control Agents in selected areas of the structure is the next best option. In cases of high infestations, spraying upon the pests produces a quick reduction in their numbers.
- Areas that are targeted are the nesting and foraging activities areas of the Pest.
- Centipedes are affected by the insecticide active agent when they come into contact with the treated surfaces.
- Centipedes would be exterminated by getting the Active Ingredient into it's biological system via contact. An affected pest may also prove to be a source of secondary poisoning for other members.
- The Insecticide Spray method results in gradual, almost fool-proof and guaranteed removal of these pests.
Client's Preparations for Insecticides Application:
- Client is required to prepare areas to be treated with insecticide spray application.
- Client is required to leave the property during the application and stay out for further 2 hours after the application.
Our exterminators will inspect the structure for points of vulnerabilities that may facilitate future infestations or conditions that may be helping the Centipedes to flourish. It will be up to the property owner to act on the recommendations.
Specific Notes on Spray or Fog Application:
Spray may be Water-Based or of the Emulsion type. Even though it would not stain or damage surfaces, it may be noticeable as a thin film of light color. The film may also have oily characteristics. If it is found on any surfaces that are used by people or pets, then it should be cleaned away at the earliest. For further information, please, see our Pesticides and the MSDS page.
Expected Results and Outcome of the Treatment:
In about 3-5 weeks, all Centipedes would have been eliminated having directly or indirectly been exposed to the insecticide sprayed. Gradually Centipedes would simply cease to exist. It remains possible that some Centipedes may expire near human living spaces.
At Vaughan Pest Control Services .ca, we have the highest success rate of complete elimination of Centipedes with one treatment alone.
Prior to carrying out treatment for Centipedes, we will do an inspection or survey of the property to determine the extent and scope of the infestation. In doing so, we will also obtain information from people present on site.